My Finance Tracker Demo Videos
Set yourself up for success. Save hundreds of dollars every year by tracking spending, setting goals and establishing realistic budgets. Login to your UBI Online Banking account to GET STARTED!
Why Use My Finance Tracker?
My Finance Tracker will give you financial control and save you time and money. You'll know where your money goes, how much you are saving, and be able to set goals and track progress. You can sync accounts with nearly 15,000 financial institutions.
- Get your complete financial picture.
- Tag transactions to understand spending habits.
- Make informed choices with the cash flow calendar.
- Visually track your progress, reach financial goals quicker and easier.
- Stay informed with account alerts.
- Monitor total assets and debt for up-to-date net worth.
Add An Account
Syncing other accounts in My Finance Tracker for a complete financial picture is simple. Then you can track your account relationships with almost all financial institutions automatically, including credit card providers and investment firms. Once all of your accounts are synced, track spending, set budgets, calculate your net worth and more.
- Step 1: Select "Add" above your current account listing.
- Step 2: Select an institution or use the search to find your institution.
- Step 3: Enter in the required information and select "Connect".
You'll receive a notification on your My Finance Tracker dashboard once the account has been synced successfully.
Cash Flow Calendar
The cash flow calendar brings your budget to life through an interactive calendar. With the calendar you can see how much money you have available to pay bills and other expenses day by day... allowing you to make informed choices on when to schedule bills and other spending.
- Step 1: Navigate to the "Cashflow" tab.
- Step 2: Select "Add Income" or "Add Bill" from above the calendar view.
- Step 3: Complete the required fields
(Name your bill/income, how much and often you get paid or what amount is due).
- Step 4: Click the "Add Bill" or "Add Income" button on the bottom of the form.
Your bill or income will now appear in the Squirrel calendar for you, whether it’s a monthly, weekly or quarterly payment.
Visually tracking your financial goals can help you take control and makes reaching your goals much quicker and easier. Create savings goals in My Finance Tracker, like saving for a vacation, or a debt reduction goal, like paying off a high-rate credit card.
- Step 1: Select "Add A Goal" on the goal dashboard.
- Step 2: Select your desired pay off or savings goal.
- Step 3: Fill in the required information.
- Step 4: Click the "Create" button to complete the process of adding a new goal.
Keep in mind, your Goal Summary at the bottom of the page will update your completion date and the amount needed per month according to your preferences in the form.
Goals will automatically update your progress and will reflect your day-to-day account balances in My Finance Tracker.
The power of My Finance Tracker is in helping you monitor how you are spending your money. Learn how to set up Spending Targets with My Finance Tracker's budget feature. In the Budget tab you can monitor your spending targets each month and view monthly spending trends.
Budgets within My Finance Tracker are tracked using the tags from the Dashboard transaction feed.
- Step 1: Click on ‘Budget’ at the top of the page.
- Step 2: Click on the Spending Target you'd like to edit from the list.
- Step 3: At the top of the page, click the ‘EDIT or ‘DELETE’ button.
- Step 4: You can change the name, amount, tags, and accounts associated with this Spending Target from here.
Budgets in My Finance Tracker will always run from the first to the last day of each month. Spending Targets are automatically color-coded based on your spending progress.
What is a "tag"?
A tag is a customizable word or phrase used to categorize your transactions. This feature gives you a better idea of how you're spending your money by tracking transactions in the same category. We will automatically pull in your most recent transactions and tag them (i.e. transportation, groceries, clothing). We suggest you edit your tags by clicking on the 'EDIT' button associated with each transaction. Customized tags give you a more accurate view of your budget(s), spending history and overall financial picture.
What if I have a transaction that falls under multiple categories? ('Split Tags')
You can apply multiple tags to transactions, such as ATM withdrawals, by using the 'split tag' feature:
- Click on any transaction to edit it.
- Click the 'USE SPILT TAGS' button in the tag area of the form.
- Enter a tag and its value.
- Repeat the process for each tag, ensuring that the entire balance of the transaction is accounted for.
- Click the '+ADD TAG' button if you want to split the purchase between more than two tags. There is no limit to the number of split tags you can have.
- Click 'SAVE TRANSACTION'.
What is a tagging 'rule'?
If you'd like to change a transaction's title and/or edit the tag to be applied to similar transactions, check the box in the 'Create a Rule' area of the transaction editor. This will allow you to choose from a number of different recurrence styles:
- Apply for transactions from ALL ACCOUNTS for ANY TIME PERIOD
- Apply for transactions from ALL ACCOUNTS for THIS TRANSACTION MOVING FORWARD
- Apply for transactions from THIS ACCOUNT ONLY for ANY TIME PERIOD
- Apply for transactions from THIS ACCOUNT ONLY for THIS TRANSACTION MOVING FORWARD